Tips to Triple Your Referrals!
I wanted to talk to you today about how to triple your referrals.
Have you ever wondered why your friends, your family, your sphere, and past clients don’t send you more referrals? It’s frustrating isn’t it?
You work so hard, you do so much, they tell you how much they love what you do!
So what happens?
- They don’t know all the areas you service.
- Maybe they don’t understand all the price points and types of properties you serve.
- They think you are too busy.
- They themselves are busy and you don’t remind them often enough.
It’s a shame when you think of the fact that direct referrals have a high conversion ratio, often 25-50%, and usually it doesn’t cost a thing to get them.
So here are the tips we have our coaching clients working on to squeeze more referrals from the folks they know.
- Quarterly, send a marketing postcard to your database that reminds them of all the areas and price points you service. Also work this into your script as you call them.
- Start asking every buyer and seller for a referral upfront as you begin to work with them, and also throughout the process whenever something great happens and they are thanking you. The goal is to extract 2 names per client by the closing.
- Pull your vendor and affiliate list together and ask them monthly for just 1 name of someone they can refer or introduce you to.
- Consider creating a small business owner “farm” in your community. Refer business to them and ask for their referrals in return.
- Pull together your triple A top raving fans. Ask if they can find 3 people to refer to you this year.
- Post a sign in your car or by your desk to remind yourself to ask everyone, everywhere for a referral.
- When making a big-ticket purchase on a new car, furniture, etc., ask the commission sales person for a referral.
I love the quote by Zig Ziglar, “Timid salespeople have skinny kids!”
Make the next 30 days your big referral push to frontload your lead pipeline for the spring and summer market.
P.S. Remember they really need your help!