5 Best Character Traits to Cultivate
We have all met someone that we would never care to interact with. And they seem clueless about it too, right? Have you ever considered that people may feel that way about you? Well, we have some sure ways to avoid that ever happening. It’s pretty simple, just cultivate these 5 valuable character traits and it will be impossible for people to dislike you.
Personality traits are distinguishing qualities or characteristics that make up who a person is. They are your habitual patterns of behavior, temperament and emotion. Here are the best ones to keep bright:
- Attitude – More specifically, a positive attitude. Positivity is contagious. If you’re the person that lightens everyone else up, then you are likeable, desirable and frankly, people will just want to be around you.
- A good listener – This is harder than it seems. This means to put all things aside so you can truly hear and process what your conversation partner is saying. So many times, we are too busy thinking about what to say next, or worse, another subject entirely, that we are not truly listening to others.
- Self-confidence. Not to be confused with arrogance, self-confidence is simply the ability to believe in yourself and your abilities. If you are good, then own it.
- Self-awareness – This is where not being arrogant comes in. No matter who you are, you have strengths and weaknesses. Know what they are. Push your positives and work on your weaknesses, but know what they are at all times.
- Self-restraint – Discipline is crucial. The ability to control impulses is essential in the likeability factor. For instance, you’re having a conversation with someone and they clearly make a mistake. A mistake that isn’t going to hurt anyone. Stop yourself from correcting them. Let them feel they are right and by you saying nothing, everyone will walk away feeling good about the conversation. As people, we always feel the need to be right, but when no one is affected by being wrong, correcting them only makes you both feel bad.
Be likeable. It’s easy. Really!! Start with these 5 traits and we’ll cover more down the road, so stay tuned. If you want to change your life today, contact EXCELLEUM™ today at http://excelleum.com/contact-us/.